Youth Sports Instructor
- Pay is $10/hour
- Co-Ed Developmental Clinic for youth grades 1st-6th grade.
- All equipment is provided by City of Mesa.
- Opportunity to continue work during school year programs as well.
- Position will require:
- Knowledge of the sport as well as the rules, regulations, positioning and mechanics
- How to properly officiate the sport/game
- Assist with development of program curriculum that is age appropriate
- Ability to alter program activities to cater to various skill levels
- Ability to properly demonstrate skills and technique of the sport
- Ability to manage large groups of children and maintain control of the program
- Preparing program sites for the clinics including field/gym preparations, equipment check, signage
- Relaying information to and from recreation department to participants and parents/guardians
- Reporting any possible maintenance problems at program site immediately in writing and orally
- Responsibility for assisting in inventory of equipment and supplies
- Monitoring and properly handling any behavioral or disciplinary problems taking place at program sites and report immediately in writing and orally
- Collecting and recording information on program activities such as score sheets, timesheets, participant attendance numbers, incident reports, shirt sizes, etc.
- Being prepared to notify authorities (police, fire, etc.) when needed.
Application deadline is May 15 for soccer, lacrosse, dodgeball and rugby.
Application deadline is May 31 for basketball, volleyball, and flag football.
For more information or to apply, please contact Lacy Bienkowski at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-644-3040.
Old Volunteer Opportunities
Coyotes Game 50/50 Raffle
SBEN Ambassador Program
The Sports Business Education Network (SBEN) is an initiative to teach others about the sports business industry. The SBEN Ambassador Program will start for the spring semester and depending where SBEN goes and how the representative feels can continue to the fall semester.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Direct contact between university and SBEN
- Inform SBEN of events are taking place at university i.e. ads career fair, panels, etc.
- Assist with marketing, promotion, and production of events
- Marketing and promotion will include working with organizations (campus clubs putting on events) as well as SBEN
- Will include social media (tweets, fb posting in different sport management and university groups)
- Help university learn about SBEN, it’s initiatives, and content
- Direct traffic to SBEN websites (livestream and wordpress) and social media
- Participate in bi-monthly calls with SBEN for updates
For more information, please respond toSBAatASU@gmail.com.
SBA will be surveying at West World this and next weekend on February 16th, 17th, 23rd, and 24th! These Saturday and Sunday shifts are from 10:00a.m. – 2:00p.m. and each participant will be given $25 per shift. Anyone interested should email Jason Heckendorn at email@example.com. Spots are limited for this opportunity, so act fast!
Diamond Dollar Case Competition
The 2nd Annual Diamond Dollars Case Competition, being held this upcoming March 7-9, is currently accepting applications to participate. Undergraduate, graduate and law school students from colleges and universities across the country will be competing against each other by preparing an analysis and presentation of a baseball operations decision — the type of decision a team’s GM and his staff is faced with over the course of a season. Five-person teams of students will be asked to evaluate proposed player transactions, apply statistical analysis of player performance and assess the financial impact of the team’s proposed moves. As a case competition participant, you would be entitled to attend, at no additional charge, SABR’s Baseball Analytics Conference–3 days of expert panels, guest speakers, research presentations, and networking events. More information can be found here: http://sabr.org/analytics.
We’re doing another paid volunteer event ($25 per shift), need volunteers for Thursday-Saturday (next week), 4 hours per shift, 3-5 volunteers per day. GET PAID TO VOLUNTEER!!! At Westworld in Scottsdale. Times: Thursday – 12:00-4:00, Friday – 12:00-4:00, Saturday – 10:00-2:00. Contact SBAatAsu@gmail.com
The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to STRIKE OUT CANCER AND JOIN THE GILA RIVER CASINOS TEAM D-BACK VOLUNTEER CORPS for the D-Backs race against cancer on Saturday, February 9. For more information, go to http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/ari/community/volunteer_form.jsp.
Waste Management Phoenix Open Volunteer Event
The Wast Management Phoenix Open is recruiting volunteer Recycling Ambassadors! Get a free ticket and free WM gear for each shift you complete as a volunteer, helping WM meet the tournament’s goal of Zero Waste.
WM is currently in need of 400 volunteers for this event, please follow the link for more information and sign up today! http://bit.ly/WMPOVol
Boys & Girls Club Volunteer Event
Date: Wednesday, October 31
Jerry Colangelo Golf Classic - PAID MEMBERS ONLY
There will also be some amazing guests in attendance, such as Jerry Colangelo, Chris Paul, Al Gentry, and many more!
Dates and times: Wednesday, September 17 12:00pm to 5:00pm and/or Thursday, September 18 6:30am-12:30pm
Where: Wigwam Resort in Litchfield Park
Phoenix Women’s Sports Association
The Kiwi Dash is a “mud run” located in Phoenix on Saturday, May 5, at the Fear Farm site (just north of 99th avenue and McDowell road). All proceeds from the event go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Volunteers will be required from approximately 8am-11:30am, and they will be used as course marshals, ensuring runners go the right ways, among other miscellaneous duties. Volunteers will have a great experience to talk about, and they will receive two free tickets to Blues, Bruise & BBQs with food vouchers. Below is a link to an article about both events, which will take place at the same place. If you would like to volunteer or have any questions, feel free to contact Debra Undhjem at 602-617-2790 or Jason Heckendorn at 609-705-5572.
Link - https://www.formrouter.net/forms01@USLAX/2012_Reg_Champs_Volunteer_Form.html